Thursday 29 January 2009

Back to reality

It only now starting to feel like im actually back from all the holidays, trip to Tallinn to visit grandma, sleepless nights with Unity's chickenpox and other various multitude of little things that have happened since New Year. Funny thing is when on my Facebook a friend of mine asked if there was anything new going on, i couldnt come up with an answer. Everything is still the same and everything is changing at the same time.
We have asked our aupair to leave, the new girl is starting on the 14th of February. Im really happy about that, i decided long time ago that i really didnt like the current girl for no other reason than she doesnt care about anyone or anything apart from herself. Its not a sin, i know, but when you have someone living in your house, I think it is only natural to want to get along/ have something in common with the person. I care about people, I care about the enviroment, I care about our bills, about house being clean, about things happening on time, I care about the quality of food that children eat, that they dont watch TV all the time, BUT I DONT CARE about buying new clothes, conversations about ex boyfriends, types of make up or mobile phones. Shoes and bags leave me cold. So yeah, Im happy she is going.
I've been cycling lately and really enjoying it again, I love my little bike, we are a great team.
I also have been knitting, I started a baby blanket and ripped it all because i hated the yarn so much, so now I started another one. I got some great yarn on sales (thats why Im broke at the moment) and now i just have to finish all the things Im doing for everybody else and then I will knit for myself.
However my main exitement at the moment is cooking and baking, I have been making new things and it always makes me happy to do new things. I found some Russian sites with recepies and there are some fantastick cakes there, so i'll be posting some recepies and pictures soon.
Ah, we also started chanting again and it feels great. For someone calling themselves a Buddhist its been way too long without practice.
So there, its all good so far.

No comments: