Thursday 6 November 2008

Obsessive behavior

This is where my true craziness comes out: obsessing over things. I have been looking for a book that i dont remember the name or the writer of, but remember the plot. It was given to me by a good friend of my ex husband about 9 years ago, and after reading it i have lent it to my sister's ex boyfriend never to see it again. I have completely forgot about it until something in my head (probably some chemical instability) made me
remember it and so i have been feeling in desperate need to read it again for past .. five weeks! It is terrible. Im trying to go on about my daily life as usual, but there is that constant nagging thought in my mind about the book, and what i can possibly do to find it. I have spoken to my sister in hope she could remember the name of the guy (of course she laughed) then i spoke with my mother wondering if she remembered the name of the guy (she told me to stop waisting her time). Then i have registered with 4 sci fi forums, describing the plot to see if anyone recognizes it (the book is sci fi) still no result. I am even considering contacting my ex to try to get the contact of his fried that gave me the book in the firs place. And i know that is a bad idea. But im so desperate it hurts. Now does that sound just a bit crazy? So, if anyone does read my blog, please, please i beg you, do you have any ideas how would i find a book by just its plot?

1 comment:

Katherine said...

You might try posting it to a group on Ravelry - I bet there are some really active ones and you know the people would be helpful.

I've gotta laugh - that is so something I would do. : )