Friday 3 October 2008

Friday

Well its Friday and i wanted to write about my current state of knitting. I have started on a dreaded Cobblestone monster pullover. It is not actually as hard as i thought it was gonna be (it's all in your head, its all in your head) but the progress is still very slow. I'll be lucky if i finish it in a month. Also yesterday i have unwinded that huge hunk of yarn my grandma sent me, and made 5 small skeins out of it, approx 120g each. I soaked them in a bath with wool soap and water overnight, and even though it does look a bit fresher, it still really smells of animal. I dont quite know what to do about that, i hope after i have soaked it in vinegar and dyed it the smell will go... Or may be it will smell of animal and vinegar.. Colin said to just stick it in washing machine, not sure about that one ether.

I have finished Unity's socks and very happy with the result. I'm also 60% done on Mother in Law Christmas Drops vest, and finally received the yarn i have bought on ebay for Josh's socks. Its Rowan Botany wool, sort of caramel color, 350g of it, so it will be plenty. I did actually take a lot of pictures in the morning, but in a blur of leaving the house (i didnt cycle because i feel mweh today) i forgot my camera at home.

Oh, there is one massive thing: I got mentioned on Rose Kim Knits blog, which i feel truly honored about. She is great.
Apart from that, the weekend is upon us and im just happy that we have no visitors planned this weekend, so may be i can take things slowly. Or slower than usual.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Sorry you feel mweh. I imagine that Cobblestone is a bit....long, but it's a great sweater once it is done, I think. ; )

All that yarn you have sound fabulous. Maybe someone on Ravelry can help about the smell? I think I read about that somewhere...