Tuesday 7 October 2008

Wool dyeing

Well i was ill all weekend with tonsillitis, my tonsils got so swollen that i had to go to the doctors on Sat and get some antibiotics so i dont die in my sleep like Colin said i would. Anyway, i didnt die in my sleep and, feeling much perkier on Sunday i have dyed one skein of smelly yarn. (It is still smelly and noone seems to know what to do about it ) The result looks like that
(I have actually knitted that little bit on two pens at work just to see how it looks knitted.) I think the dyeing was a success, now its just what to do with the smell...
And here is a picture of Unity's socks
And i have made those sock blockers all by myself!! I have cut them out from the kind of plastic they use in envelopes to make them stiff and put cellotape all around the edges so it would not catch. And voila, i have 3 sets of sock blockers without spending £60. I know, im great.

No comments: