Friday 13 June 2008

Friday 13

Today as it happens is my sister's birthday, she is 26. I have invited her and her husband to mine for dinner on Sunday, im making my famous chicken lime and ginger hotpot. Im also gonna make a cake today, a carrot cake, partly because i was requested to do so by our wonderful adopted grandma Unity, and partly because it really is the easiest cake to make. I think i might make the icing green this time.
I finally have taken some pictures of my Drops Top, which is so close to completion it hurts. Even though i didn't do any knitting last night because Heroes was on. And what a splendid episode it was indeed! Absolutely mind bogging. I think Heroes is my favorite show EVER. It just responds to everything i have dreamed of when i was a little (and a bit nerdy) girl.
Anyway, back to Drops Top



that is how it looks now. Im a little unclear on how to dec the armholes, but hey, what the worst that can happen, i just might have to redo it couple of times.

And of course my main occupation: another day another young mediocre model needs to be made to look like she is the most beautiful woman in the world. Its funny, someone asked me once - does it bother you to look at these beautiful girls day after day, does it make you feel inferior? And you know what - it really doesn't. Nobody's perfect thats what i say. In all my 8 years of retouching i have not seen an absolutely perfect woman. There is always things that can be done to make someone appear better. So perfect - now thats just a made up term. Perfect is just what any one person at one time considers attractive, the symbiosis of proportions, light, shadow, colour and tone. I had one photographer shouting "i hate boobs! Take those things off her!!" about a 14 year model with hardly anything that even vaguely reminded of "boobs". I have completely reshaped human face, not only changing the proportion of the existing face, but "comping" bits from other faces, not even the same girl. As a matter of fact, i have created a completely different persons from bits of other people, all in the name of perfection. So really, im happy with the way i am. And if im not- well gym is just around the corner.

No comments: